typical friday night – we’re hungry and just want food. now. and i’m leaning toward calling in for pizza and suffering the after-effects but a few moments’ thought and i’m a much happier girl (with a happy lil’ family, as well). yum.
- 6 chicken breasts or leg-and-breasts (we prefer skin-on, and bone-in)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with coconut oil and place chicken in the dish.
- Stir together maple syrup, garlic, smoked sea salt, and ginger.
- Spread garlic mixture over chicken and lightly salt and pepper.
- Top each piece of chicken with a pat of butter and sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
super fast. super easy. super delicious. try it? let me know whatcha think.