more and more companies are jumping on the bandwagon to provide gluten-free options to everyday products. barilla is one of those. to celebrate their gluten-free and higher-fiber options, they also partnered with allrecipes to create a series of delicious new recipes. this rotini with asparagus, salmon, and cherry tomatoes is one of those options.
it’s really nice to have a “mainstream” gluten-free option for times when we don’t have access to our favorite natural foods store. i am also glad to have transitional options for those of us who are more resistant to going full-scale into a new eating lifestyle.
i loved finding this recipe – it is full of flavors i normally enjoy, but combined in new, original ways. it also was relatively fuss-free, which is important for me
when i spend too much time playing with my camera days get hairy and i’m in a dinner rush.
a couple notes i want to be sure to add for you:
be sure to follow cooking times. this pasta is finicky in texture and although you won’t find it to be similar to a traditional pasta, it can quickly become grainy if cooked too long, or remain crunchy if not cooked long enough.
make extra salmon. it’s yummy and it makes the dish even more hearty. we doubled the recipe but almost tripled the salmon for our hungry, busy crew.
watch out with that fresh tarragon! i quickly realized i’m not a super-fan of it; it’s got a very strong, distinct licorice-y flavor. too much can be a bad thing, i my humble opinion. a pinch is perfection with the other flavors in this dish!
- 1 (14.5 ounce) box Barilla Gluten-Free Rotini
- 8 ounces skinless salmon fillet, diced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- In a large skillet, saute salmon in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add scallions and cherry tomatoes, sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook rotini according to package directions.
- During last 2 minutes of cook time, add asparagus.
- Drain and immediately add to sauce.
- Add tarragon, mix well.
- Add salmon and toss gently. May be served warm or cold as a salad.
whatcha think? is this a dish you’ll make at home?
i am an allrecipes allstar ambassador. i was provided coupons for the product reviewed here. i am not compensated for my work with allrecipes.com and all opinions are my own. you can find the original post here.