I guess I’m all about that breakfast cookie. I like to eat weird things like soup and steak and pizza for breakfast, so why not dessert? (Plus, sometimes it’s cool to give my kids cookies for breakfast.) When it’s full of grain-free, naturally sweetened ingredients, I think that’s allowed. So today I’m sharing these grain free breakfast cookies (also naturally sweetened and Paleo friendly).
This one’s a fan.
We tested these on a crowd of unsuspecting mamas and kiddos and they were a hit. The arrowroot keeps them light and almost biscuit-like, and the sweet-salty combination is perfect. (He’s such a ham…)
Plus, cookies are super-portable, so they’re easy to grab on the run when we’ve got a busy day ahead. With fruit and maybe an egg cup, you’re good to go. Print and bake these, k?
- ½ package (about 6 slices) cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons reserved bacon fat or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- Beat together eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add flours, soda, and salt and beat to combine.
- Stir in chopped bacon and cheddar cheese (omit if you do not eat dairy).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until firm and just starting to get golden.
Do you have a favorite on-the-go breakfast recipe? Or a way to spoil your kiddos as the day begins? For more great recipes and DIY ideas, click over to the Weekend Retreat Link Party!
Join the Dance!
Subscribe to Dancing With My Father and download a free mini-guide to soul-nourishing study!