i’ve sweet-talked my a-girl into making juice for us in the mornings, and i’ve noticed that when we start the morning with fresh juice or a hearty smoothie, it helps me make wiser choices all day. this is my favorite combination so far, and with the chia seeds added from salba chia, it even has the added nutritional boost plus the crunch i love. try this raw juice with chia seed recipe and tell me what you think!
this one’s super easy. ready?
- 2 cucumbers (unwaxed)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 apples
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1 lemon
- 1 (.5 ounce) packet chia seeds (or about 1 heaping tablespoon)
- Rinse all fruit and peel lemon.
- Cut into pieces to fit into your juicer.
- Run all fruits and vegetables through juicer.
- Pour juice over chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Note: If you allow juice to set for 15-20 minutes, seeds will begin to gel the juice slightly. Some find this pleasant (I do), but if not, you'll want to drink your juice right away!
do you juice? share your favorite recipe!