so yes, i got spoiled rotten. my husband is amazing and he craigs-listed-like-a-maniac and bought me a vitamix. i’ve
lusted longed and researched and after many years of pleading my case, i won his culinary sympathies and now i am a raw-smoothie-and-soup-making-fiend.
tonight we celebrate the passing of a year and welcome in the new, filled with hope and longing for what lies ahead. we make vows, some of us, to be better inside and out. i’m not quite done feasting on the indulgent (we’ll have a giant fondue spread with friends this evening), but i’m longing for fresh and this is what i whipped up at daybreak.
it’s super simple, and with a little extra prep, it can be made in a standard blender, as well. little tip? this has fresh cranberries. they go on sale super cheap before the winter holidays. i always buy several bags and freeze them, and they hold up wonderfully! just in case you get a summer craving for their tart flavor!
want the recipe? here you go. (p.s. – i threw in a handful of cacao nibs – adds a hit of chocolatey flavor and nutritional punch.) enjoy!
- 1 cup water or water kefir
- 1-2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 apple, quartered, stem removed
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- Place ingredients in order listed into the pitcher of a high-speed blender.
- Beginning on low speed, quickly move to high speed.
- Blend for one minute, or until smooth and liquefied.
- Serve over ice.
Join the Dance!
Subscribe to Dancing With My Father and download a free mini-guide to soul-nourishing study!