recently a-girl and i threw a sunset beach cocktail party for some good friends. we created some magical memories and seriously great recipes along with our friend, lauren, a gluten-free chef/blogger. because this month as an allrecipes allstar, i’m working with the avocado council, i put a spin on my deviled eggs that makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
my husband would move heaven and earth for a good deviled egg, and this one may just make it back onto the Easter table, too. the avocado made the filling even creamier and combined with a dash of honey, really developed its sweetness. combining it with sriracha took it right over the top.
here’s the recipe for you to print and enjoy…
- 1 dozen large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup homemade or olive-oil-based mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, plus extra for garnish
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Pop yolks from whites, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add avocado and mash together to eliminate clumps.
- (Can be made in food processor, if you prefer.)
- Add mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, 1/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt, 1 tablespoon sriracha.
- Blend well to combine all ingredients.
- Add filling to a piping bag or plastic bag, and pipe into egg white halves.
- Eggs may be prepared up to a day in advance, with or without filling, and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish just before serving.
- To garnish, drizzle eggs with several drops sriracha (to taste), then top with a sprinkle of cilantro leaves and if desired, a dash of smoked sea salt.
do you have a special Easter dish that makes it onto the table year after year? a killer deviled egg recipe? share below!
Join the Dance!
Subscribe to Dancing With My Father and download a free mini-guide to soul-nourishing study!