strawberries are ripe for picking in my little part of the world, and strawberry festivals, strawberry shortcakes, strawberry milkshakes are abound. just thinking about the warm sun making the little red delights all gooey makes my mouth water.
i created this recipe as a quick afternoon treat for my hungry athletes (and their mama), and i think you could make it with just about any fruit. it takes about three minutes total to create. if you don’t have fresh-from-the-fields strawberries, just use frozen!
this is the perfect snack for a warm afternoon, and i think it might make a great breakfast, too. it’s a little thicker than a smoothie, so it is a treat to eat with a spoon. if you want, you could top with slivered almonds to add a protein and healthy-fat punch.
print it for yourself below!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ice as needed
- Add ingredients to the pitcher of a high-speed blender in order listed, reserving ice.
- Turn blender on low and quickly process to high speed.
- Blend 30 seconds to one minute, adding ice as needed to create a thick, ice-cream-like consistency.
- Serve with additional fresh strawberries.
- Note: You may use frozen strawberries for this recipe, and ice may not be needed.
do you have a favorite easy spring snack recipe? share it here!
Join the Dance!
Subscribe to Dancing With My Father and download a free mini-guide to soul-nourishing study!