this month, allrecipes partnered with mazola to create two delicious weeknight recipes. we love salmon, so we couldn’t wait to try this recipe. it was delicious, and the unexpected bitter-citrusy element of grapefruit was such a great counterpoint for spicy, buttery baked salmon.
this salmon is super-fast (on the table in no-time-flat), so it’s great for those “oh-no-i-forgot-to-plan-dinner” nights – avoid the drive-thru! i doubled the salmon in the recipe and tweaked a few additional ingredients from the original recipe at allrecipes.
here’s a printable copy of my version of sweet and spicy salmon with grapefruit salsa!
- 1 tablespoon paprika (I prefer smoked)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 pounds salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons good quality cooking oil
- For Salsa:
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, with extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed orange or tangerine juice
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and pepper diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients up to salmon in a small bowl.
- Brush salmon with oil and place in a large glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle seasoning blend over salmon and coat generously.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- For Salsa:
- Combine grapefruit, onion, pepper, cilantro, juice, and jalapenos in a glass bowl.
- Serve salmon with salsa, and garnish, if desired, with additional cilantro.
do you have a favorite salmon recipe? a favorite salsa? leave me a comment below so i can give it a try!
Join the Dance!
Subscribe to Dancing With My Father and download a free mini-guide to soul-nourishing study!