Summer is here – school is out, and in our neck of the “woods,” and the kids are spending every waking minute outside, begging for just one more trip down the block, one more second of evening light.
Littlest asked me to buy popsicles this week to share with the neighbor kiddos. It reminded me I need to get moving making yummy ones myself; (summer fruit makes these raspberry avocado pops a great way to add nutritional value to a favorite summer treat!) even if I’m not adding sugar in my diet – currently on my third round of Whole 30 – I am making healthy pops to share. And these will be first on my must-make list when I splurge!
These pops are creamy and have a tiny hint of bitterness from the coffee. I recommend saving them for the grown-ups – summer nights are late enough with the kiddos in my house without adding the caffeine kick!
I love that these are packed with ingredients that are not just delicious, but beneficial for the body, too. Coconut oil, maca, and cacao nibs all add nutritional boost, and I feel like I’m splurging without guilt when we make these.
- 1 13-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 cup cold brew coffee concentrate
- 1 tablespoon maca powder*
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs and/or ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- *may replace maca with cocoa
- Combine all ingredients except cacao nibs and/or chocolate in blender in order listed.
- Blend on high speed for thirty seconds.
- Add cacao nibs or dark chocolate and blend another 15-30 seconds.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze 6 hours to overnight.
Want another, SUPER decadent popsicle? This brown butter popsicles recipe will win your heart.
What’s your favorite cool summer treat?
This recipe was created for Allrecipes and Gevalia cold brew. I received complementary product to use in recipe creation and was not compensated for my services, and all opinions are my own.
Join the Dance!
Subscribe to Dancing With My Father and download a free mini-guide to soul-nourishing study!