the day i wandered into the desserts case in whole foods and saw the Hail Merry Tarts, i melted a little. raw dessert that’s so thick and gooey and cold and all deep, dark, rich, deliciousness – all clean ingredients and made just for me to indulge, maybe one. bite. at. a. time. over a couple days? and, yes.
BUT. it’s a little pricey. (with good reason – it’s full of real food, as so little is these days. did i mention that?) still, i of course thought, what if i could create this myself and share with my family? one bite at a time, of course. because, yum. did i mention the deep, dark, rich part?
so i set out to create my own version – copycat hail merry tarts. and voila – a ridiculous raw dark chocolate peppermint tart. oh, my.
indulge. in a good way. make these, ok? come back and say thanks, if you like. give me a little digital hug. because, well, yum.
- Tart Crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Peppermint Dark Chocolate Filling:
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1-1/3 cup cocoal (or raw cacao) powder
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, plus fresh mint for garnish
- For Crust:
- Use a pastry cutter (or food processor) to combine ingredients.
- Divide mixture evenly into four parts and press into [individual tart pans
- Chill in freezer or refrigerator while filling is prepared.
- For Filling:
- Combine ingredients in the bowl of a large stand mixer and blend until combined.
- Pour into chilled crusts and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight before serving.
- Store uneaten tarts in refrigerator up to 3 days.
comments? thoughts? please share below!
Join the Dance!
Subscribe to Dancing With My Father and download a free mini-guide to soul-nourishing study!